Created to share experiences, helpful parenting hints, and a laugh if nothing else... hope you like!

A blog created to document the life of my sweet little family.

Thursday 8 March 2012

Imaginary friends...

On our way to school (child care) this morning, we were listening to Justine Clarke's song 'My Beautiful friend'.  
H is very good at picking up on lyrics and is constantly asking me for explanations.

The lyrics of the song we were listening to this morning are as follows...

I've got a friend who's just pretend, and you can't see,
but my little friend is real to me...

It goes on, but these two lines were our main focus...

The entire trip to childcare was spent trying to explain what an imaginary friend is, how it isn't a real person, but an imaginary one... etc.  We talked about people we knew who used to have imaginary friends and what they were called, about how only that person could see their imaginary friend.

What a concept to explain!  Next we will be having the sex chat!  Argghhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment