Created to share experiences, helpful parenting hints, and a laugh if nothing else... hope you like!

A blog created to document the life of my sweet little family.

Sunday 12 February 2012

My Birthday weekend!

What a chaotic weekend!  

Starting at 5am yesterday morning, when the little one woke for a feed.  
Dad was on bottle duty, but unfortunately (for the first time) the big girl woke.  
I was tired and she was not going to go back to sleep in her own bed (especially with Dad up feeding).  So we had her come in with us! 

Can I just say that I have always slept terribly with a third in the bed!
Yesterday was no exception.  I was sporting a hangover from my half glass of beer the night before.  

Let me tell you why I object to H coming into our bed...
She only wants to share pillows with me... she plays with my face, talks and wriggles around... it is very irritating when all you want to do is sleep!

Finally... after what felt like some time, she went back to sleep.  I however was uncomfortable and in and out of sleep, due to not being able to turn on my small slither of bed, while H and Dad spread themselves comfortably on the remainder of the bed.  
Finally not long after I had fallen asleep, we all woken at 7.50 am when my Mum and Sister Skipped me for my Birthday!  

Three Skype calls and three phone calls later, we were able to ready ourselves for our drive in to the city to meet a friend and her two boys at the Melbourne Zoo to see Justine Clarke performing live!

It was great.  The kids had fun, and thankfully the weather was the opposite of what they had forecast!

We pulled into the drive way at 5pm or so, for the witching hour... You all know... when the toddler (who no longer sleeps through the day) is hungry and tired... and the baby is constantly hungry as she readys herself for a big sleep.

Thankfully the night was lovely and relaxing, and we both got sufficient sleep for today!

Again, it was another really busy one.  
Dad and H were gone by 8.30am for swimming, followed by a local farmers market, while bub's and I went to a baby market with a friend.

Then I had the girls for the afternoon, while Dad went off to pick up my latest eBay purchase!  

A lovely weekend had by all... just not a lot of down time!  
There is still stuff that needs to be done... but it might have to wait for a new day!

Hopefully next weekend isn't quite so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment