Created to share experiences, helpful parenting hints, and a laugh if nothing else... hope you like!

A blog created to document the life of my sweet little family.

Thursday 5 January 2012

A day of chaos!

So today was completely chaotic!  I have 3 stories for you!  

Firstly - Dad(that's the girl's Dad), had organised to play golf with his Dad(Pop Pop).  He had intended to get up nice and early, but kept snoozing his alarm and ended up getting up at the time he was supposed to be departing... this threw me, as I had a Maternal Health appointment (Plunkett for you Kiwis'), it was local, so I had planned to walk with the girls.  I hopped in the shower with 20 minutes to spare before I had to leave.
I ended up getting there with time on my hands... don't ask me how I did it, but I did, however I was a sweaty mess!


Next - We had organised to catch up with friends, just me and the girls(as Dad was still at golf).  I thought I would pop into Spotlight(a fabric, craft & home interior superstore) to pick up some beans to fill the bean bag I had received for Christmas.  I planned to get a trolley, but on looking in my wallet I only had NZ coins(stupidly I hadn't sorted my wallet yet).  So in we went without the trolley, Miss H walking and Miss O in my arms.  I ended up getting 5x 500gm bags (which turned out not to be enough) which I had to carry to the check out, then out to car!  I was probably juggling a bit too much, but thanks to Miss H's excellent listening skills(they are not always excellent) we managed to get back to and into the car safely!



Lastly - I decided to fill the bean bag... I should have waited until Miss H was in bed... but I didn't!
Miss H decided to help me, but I didn't notice she was there until it was too late.  She grabbed the bag of beans which threw off my pouring skills, and you guessed it... they went all over the place... I managed to get the situation under control quickly... and now both girls are in bed, the lounge is clean once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment