Created to share experiences, helpful parenting hints, and a laugh if nothing else... hope you like!

A blog created to document the life of my sweet little family.

Saturday 28 January 2012

Escaped chickens!

Huge day yesterday, hence no entry!
Dad had the day off.  We went to the zoo, and met up with a good friend, and spent the day there.  3 Adults to 4 kids... good ratio if you ask me!

But that wasn't it... we then drove straight to other friends and spent the rest of the afternoon with them, arriving home at 8.30pm!  Long and exhausting day in high heat.

Today was another hottie!  34 in all!  I oiled the deck today, silly I know in 34C degree heat, but my thoughts were it would dry quickly, and I really wanted it done!  

At one stage we were all outside, Dad decided he was going to do a chicken poo collection.  What we do is collect all the droppings from inside their coop into a bucket, and fill the bucket with water.  We then sit it in a hot spot to brew, then tip it around plant bases... very stinky, but very good for plants!

Anyway, as Dad was going in to the coop, the chickens escaped, something that happens when you aren't organised or quick enough (sorry Dad).  Thankfully the dog was tied up (I didn't want him making foot prints on my newly oiled deck!), but I had to grab him quick smart anyway to ensure he didn't lunge at and kill Harriet II and Flossie II (especially whilst H was outside watching what was unfolding!).  
Anyway, we managed to get them back into their area unmaimed, Phew(wipes brow)!

Thank goodness the day has ended.  It has cooled down somewhat, and we only have one more hot day to endure before some cooler weather rolls in.  Yay!   So lets just say that now the small ones are in bed, I am basking in the coolness that is 27.5C degrees!

Have a lovely night!


No comments:

Post a Comment