Created to share experiences, helpful parenting hints, and a laugh if nothing else... hope you like!

A blog created to document the life of my sweet little family.

Sunday 22 January 2012

These little piggies went to market...

So last night, I decided that this morning H and I would go to Camberwell Market https://www.sundaymarket.com.au/.  
Prior to kids I used to frequent Camberwell Market... most weekends.  
Our house is filled with treasures I that I have collected over the years from Camberwell.  

These days i go a bit more infrequently, usually looking for vintage toys.  

Anyway... off we set.  Dad gave us a business card, which I pinned to the back of her T-shirt with our phone numbers on it, in case she was to get lost.
We talked in the car on the way about how there would be loads of people and we would need to hold hands.  

She put the gold coin donation in the money box (she loved this) and off we set ... looking only for stalls that had toys or books.  She would usually find something to amuse her while I fossicked around.  
At one stage she spotted a little girl with a plastic shopping trolley.  That was when she decided that that was what she wanted.  Each stall we went to, that was what she searched for.   I could see that there might some disappointment on leaving the market.  

And there was!  On completion, I said 'Well, that's it... we have finished the market.'  to which she replied that she 'didn't want to go home, as she hadn't found her trolley yet'.  

She sat down on a crossing (where people were walking), and didn't want to leave, so I had to sit down and explain to her, that we had looked at all the stalls with toys and there were no trolleys, and that I would keep my eye out for trolleys whenever we were out.  

She was happy enough with that... so we headed home!

I love my girl so much.  She is so grown up and easy to reason with... sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment