Created to share experiences, helpful parenting hints, and a laugh if nothing else... hope you like!

A blog created to document the life of my sweet little family.

Monday 30 January 2012

A great degree of difficulty!

Today wasn't terribly chaotic... a bit humid and sweaty at times, but not chaotic.
I thought I would share something funny that happened today.

The story starts two days prior, when H and I sit down at the coffee table (her at, me under), to do some colouring in together.  Stupidly I forgot to get the Peppa Pig colouring in sheets we were to colour, and because I was essentially wedged under the coffee table, I politely asked my girl to fetch them ( I was trying to point out to her that it was far easier if she did it!).  Her response was, that she was too busy (a fairly common response these days), so I loudly grunted and huffed and puffed (trying to make it look like getting out was hard work), wedged myself out, and got what we needed to continue.

Today, I was sitting at the computer zoning out for a while, H was watching a bit of afternoon TV... she mentioned that she was hungry, so I suggested she go and get a pear out of the fruit bowl.  Her quick response was that it was too difficult for her to get out from under the coffee table.  I continued with encouraging her to get it herself... in the end she did, but she made sure it was known, by way of grunts and huffs and puffs that she was having a great degree of difficulty wedging herself out (although she wasn't).

No comments:

Post a Comment