Created to share experiences, helpful parenting hints, and a laugh if nothing else... hope you like!

A blog created to document the life of my sweet little family.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Lack of sleep...

Today was hot... the second hot day over 34C.  I am pretty hopeless when it comes to heat.  I managed to function quite well yesterday, but today was another story!  

Stupidly, last night I had a late night... I love my quiet time at night, and I stayed up a tad later than I should after another late night visit to the supermarket.  
Anyway... the big girl woke around 3am, unusual for her, apparently there were a number of Shreks' at the end of her bed.  
Our girl is fairly sheltered when it comes to TV.  She sees a bit of ABC for Kids, Wonder Pets and Toy Story, and that is about it.  She had watched Shrek once when in NZ over Christmas.  
Lets just say, both her Dad and I were unable to convince her for some time that she would be okay, and that she needed to go back to sleep.

Then at 5am, the little one woke for a feed.  She took longer than usual to feed, but I managed to get back into bed before the big one woke for the day.  Good old Dad let me sleep in until 8am.  Thanks Dad!

Still wasn't long enough, so I will be turning in shortly.  The girl's Dad and I take turns when it comes to feeding.  Me one night, him the next... tonight it is his night... Thank goodness, as I am spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment